Wednesday, November 18, 2009

“Turkey lurkey doo and turkey lurkey dap, I eat that turkey then I take a nap…” Nov. 18



I hope you are all someplace where you can enjoy the beautiful fall weather we’re enjoying right now. It’s been a gorgeous and sunny couple of days! I know my friends and family upstate are WAY past peak fall colors, but the shots from Central Park on the news this morning were so pretty. I just wanted to take Sarai for her first walk through the park. Next thing you know the tree will be up in Rockefeller Plaza and then it’s all downhill from there!

Sarai, Sarai, Sarai…. she’s doing pretty darn good! Her speech therapist is a little concerned that she doesn’t really focus on anything. Well, not anything. She’ll focus on a face for a short time and she smiles like CRAZY when she’s focused in. But put any toy or doll or any object at all in front of her, and she works to look around it. I called the opthmologist and she said to not be overly concerned as long as she’s focusing on faces. She said, she’s a preemie, so she’s got some catching up to do, but she’s in a normal range for her development. (Plus, she just had an exam and her retinas are fine.)

Her physical therapist says she’s doing great, said today was her best day so far. She’s really pushing up on her arms and hands and can easily roll to her left from her tummy. We had better luck getting her to focus on us with less light in the room and no background noise. So we’ve got to really practice getting her to track our faces with less “stuff” going on around her; making the room darker and leaving the TV off more. That’s our homework!

We’re more than half way through November, and I just have no idea where the time is going! Going back to work is coming TOO fast, I can’t even think about it. I have to get lesson plans ready! Not to mention, Thanksgiving, Sarai’s baptism, our trip to Duke, Christmas… I have no idea how I’ll have time to shop, wrap or send out Christmas cards. AHHHHHHHHH!!! I’m going to throw a big fit on my first day back to school, dig my heals in and say, “You can’t make me go!”

We’re going to Adam’s sister-in-law’s for Thanksgiving. Quick, what’s your favorite Thanksgiving food??

1 comment:

  1. Ankara'da yaşıyorsanız, Ankara en iyi kadın uzmanı önerisi ve tavsiyesi almak için pek çok seçeneğiniz olacaktır. Bu yüzden tüm şehirler için DoktorBilgini.com  Antalya diyetisyen

    ReplyDelete