Sunday, October 17, 2010

“And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for awhile, cause girl you're amazing just the way you are!"

 Howdy friends! Thought I’d check in and post a few pics of my lady-loo. (And of course if you didn’t already see the video I made for Sarai on facebook, it’s on the blog post before this one, Oct. 4th.)


We spent a quick couple days in Syracuse visiting with the fam over Columbus Day weekend. Unfortunately, Adam couldn’t come, so Sarai and I hit the road as a duo. And GG was there staying with my mom, so Sarai and GG got to get to know each other a little better.

It was the most beautiful weekend! The weather was just picture-fall-perfect. We got some good pics with Aunt Katie…

Spent a little time in the yard playing…

We were swinging….

And just tasting the fresh Pompey air…

Poor baby was fighting a cold all weekend, so she was more than a little grumpy. No idea where she got the cold from, probably wasn’t because I had her outside in leaf piles…

Nothing like a little fall foliage to rile up a seasonal cold. No, actually that was something she had been fighting for a few weeks. Adam brought Sarai to the doctor a couple weeks ago and they said it was just “something she needs to get past.” But on our way home from Syracuse she had a terrible cough that wouldn’t quit. We went straight to the doctor before coming home and the doctor looked like she felt she wanted to say Sarai had asthma. Her exact words were, “I don’t want to call it chronic yet, buuuut….” She’s been back on the nebulizer all week and that seems to be working and she seems tons better. So it’s something we’ll keep an eye on.

Back to our weekend activities! We went to a playground and Sarai had her first trip down a slide!
(By the looks of my hair, we went about 150mph down that slide!)

She swinged (swang?) in the real swings and had a ball…

And who knew she was a mini Mozart! She sat in her bumbo playing the piano for at least 30 minutes.

Can she get any cuter? You don’t have to answer that.

So things are good. Work is good. Home is good. We are LOVING our babysitter Yvonne. She is amazing. Two of her daughters were here briefly on Friday and one of them said to me, “Are you Sarai’s mom?” And I said, “Yes,” then jokingly, “Why? Did you think I was her older sister?” and she said, “YES!” So now, I love her too. All the providers are really happy with how well Sarai is doing. She’s babbling more and more, she’s starting to take her socks off her feet, and it seems like she’s clapping her hands when you tell her to! You go girl!

Oh, and how could I (almost) forget??  She definitely got her first tooth!  It's on the top, on her right.  And it looks like she's got three right there and ready, but they're not through yet.  These teeth are really in no hurry.

Have an awesome week, and here are some bonus pics…

Eskimo kisses from Grandpa Bill

Stranger danger!  "I don't know that butterfly!"
"Kidding!  I love that butterfly!"
No idea what she's doing with her leg. 
Adorable shrug made for Sarai by her Aunt Sasha!  We love it!

Floor games with Aunt Katie!

3 comments:

  1. We loved all of the pictures and of course your comments. Sarai is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Love, Uncle Dave and Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what she was doing with her foot -- she was tapping it on the thing and it was cute. I love the picture at the piano with her back to the camera. She looks so teeny!!!

    xoxo
    Titi Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her expressions! She's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete