Sunday, April 1, 2012

"It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me."

Everyday thousands of babies are born too soon... And as you know I happen to be the proud mama of one of those babies.

But you should know some things about having a preemie that I don't talk about very often...

When you have a baby that is born weighing 3lbs 7 oz, you don't know what to expect...


She spends week's in the hospital...


...and you spend weeks of nights at home alone without your baby.

You don't know what you're up against...


...what the future holds...


...or what therapies she'll need...


...but you're pretty sure nothing is ever going to come easy for her. It's hard to just enjoy your daughter for who she is because you're so worried for her future.


But you DO enjoy her!


You have tons of happy days...


...and silly moments...


...and great times.


But there are times that you can't help but wonder, "What if?"  I will never forget, after she was born, I asked her neonatologist, "Why did she come so early?" 


And his answer was, "I don't know.  That's why we have the March of Dimes."

So, HEY YOU!


Yeah, you!

I'm asking that you donate $10 to the March of Dimes and help us support their mission to end premature birth by donating to our walk on April 29th. 
And if you feel strongly about it like I do, try to get your friends involved too.


Lend a hand...


And help the babies!  I'll make this easy.

You can donate here.

Or Here.

Or HERE!

She's come a long way, baby.  And we're sure proud of our little lady.


(And thank you SO much to those of you who have already donated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment