Thursday, June 7, 2012

"When your heart is all I need, oh don't leave home..."

Hi guys!  I know I just updated recently, so you're probably wondering, what's this all about??  But we have some recent news to share, and after spending a week basically in a fog, I'm ready to tell you.  And this time it's not about Sarai.  Remember me saying once (or ten times) before "There's never a dull moment for the Tirado family?"  Well... it appears that Adam will be deploying with the National Guard this summer... for a year.

A Year.

A YEAR!!

(Aparently I'm not allowed to say where on-line, so if you know where, please don't write it in the comment section here or on Facebook.) 

After a week of being angry (furious in fact), I'm settling back down and we're starting to make plans.  And we've already had a couple people offer to help out around here.  We're going to need it.  So far...

  • We put an add out for help in the evenings and on Saturdays.  We'll need help with the kids, with giving Sarai her supplements, with helping to implement her program from Active Healing. 
  • I applied to an organization that helps families of deployed soldiers with lawn care and snow removal, they sounded pretty confident that they could find someone. 
  • I've told Adam he's got to leave me with a year's supply of diapers and wipes to save on those last minute oh-my-goodness-there-are-only-2-diapers-in-the-whole-house-including-the-diaper-bag trips.  (I hate those.) 
  • And he's trying to plan a little 4 or 5 day vacation, just for the two of us, before he leaves.  I don't know if that'll work out, this summer is already jam packed, as you know. 
  • We talked about getting a security system, but why do we need a security system when we have...
Very fierce indeed.

It's going to be a rough year.  But I'm trying to be optomistic.  I've realized... our DVR won't be filled with this crap...

And our bathrooms will probably stay a lot cleaner!  Did I tell you "The top 10 reasons why my husband is more annoying that your husband?"  Oh, I didn't, did I.  Well that's a blog that's waiting to be published, saved in my phone for a rainy day when I want to strangle him.  So, there's 10 reasons right there that will make this absence a little easier.  (Ok, I'm probably joking about it being easy in any way, but I'm not joking about the top 10.  Adam's read them, he thinks it's pretty hilarious.)


So we're busy planning, keeping things moving and hanging in there.  My mom sent me a link to the organization that helps military families with the yard work, if anyone knows any other organizations like that please let me know.

Have I told you about my ice maker?  It makes me happy.  : )

7 comments:

  1. Mandee and Adam - you both are SO STRONG and you will get through this just like all the times before. It definitely won't be easy but I know God won't give you more than you can handle. I am here if you need anything - to include a weekend trip down myself to help you out. If I can help with any research or planning of you mini vacation I would love to do it. We're all here for you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are both very strong. You'll make it through this like everything else.

    Adam, I'll see you at the condo on South Beach later this summer... Oh wait am I still on the blog? Awkwaaard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone can do this, you guys can. If you'd like I can link you up with some friends of mine who are also military families and could provide you with support. I'll be in touch with the info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post. I'm sure you were in shock at first but hopefully things will fall into place. We are here if you need us.
    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive told you already...I'm here for you since we're going through the same thing and understand completely!! and if I can somewaht do it...you'll be a pro in no time!
    *Lindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll be spending a lot of quality time together, won't we? The next "top ten annoying list" will be "having my Mom move in!" We're all here for you, Tirados! Adam, how can I go a year without your dry wit that makes me laugh out loud??? Skype, my good man! We'll take care of Mandee and the littles but, oh, how we'll miss you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm...Thinks back to the convo I had with Adam... I was told not to use the "s" word because I could face getting punched! Mandee stick a lo jack on his ankle for all we know he is going away with Ajene!!!! MEN -.- GRRRRR

    ReplyDelete