Saturday, September 12, 2009

“It’s raining in Baltimore, baby, but everything else is the same…”


Posted Sep 12, 2009 12:02pm
I wasn’t going to write anything, but I saw Marion in school on Thursday night and she strong-armed me into posting a new update. : )

Adam had to leave yesterday for drills. He won’t be back until tomorrow night, so it’s just been us girls. Beth came to visit with little Alora yesterday (Sarai’s first girl friend) and then Christen stopped by. A nice visit was had by all!

The people from Early Intervention came on Wednesday. Sarai will start getting physical therapy and speech once a week. How does a newborn get speech, you ask? Good question! They’ll just work on her communication skills. For now, they’ll start working on eye contact, tracking, getting her to interact more and more. They give me ideas on how to position her, games to play, stuff like that. The women who were all here for the evaluation were all great. These services should start up pretty soon.

Some pretty exciting news! I sent my friend Sherry from CBR the link to the youtube videos. She thought they were great and she put me in contact with another client representative from the company. This representative, Debbie, invited Adam and I to Arizona for an event they’re having. We’d get to tour the facility, meet other families who are real advocates for cord blood banking, and meet three other families who have also gone through with the transplant (cord blood infusion). The event is in two weeks! We’re not sure if Adam can work it out with his schedule, but I’m dying to go! I think it would be so neat! I’ll keep you posted. Sarai is sure one travellin’ baby!

Today, with all this rain, we’re just taking it slow. I may venture out to Target if Sarai is feeling up to it. We both slept today until 9am! What a treat that was! Looking forward to some sun and warm weather tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment