Monday, September 21, 2009

"Life is all right in Amer-EE-ca!"


Posted Sep 21, 2009 9:09pm
Well, we’re starting to gear up for our trip to Tucson. I’m really excited! Katie and I will probably have a few laughs. Poor Sarai. This will be her first whole night with the “giggle twins.” We’ll probably be keeping HER up all night!

Sarai had her first visit with the speech therapist today. She’s going to work with us to try to get Sarai to eat more quickly. Feedings can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half! But that’s only nursing, she’ll take a bottle in 10 minutes. I can see why people give up nursing, but I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. The speech therapist watched her eat and gave us a couple strategies to strengthen the muscles in her mouth, like playing tug-of-war with her pacifier. So, we’ll try it.

Did you know there is a new play on Broadway called “Superior Donuts”? I swear it’s not me sitting on a stage with my breast pump. (If you’re new to the blog, read the update “It’s time to make the donuts!” on July 28th.)

I have to talk to you guys about something. There is a certain 4-letter word I’ve used A LOT since I’ve become a mother… and I’m not proud of it. It’s a word I’ve never been comfortable with, and it’s now part of daily conversations with almost anyone I talk to. OK, maybe not anyone, but a lot of people! I’m ashamed. There just seems to be no way around it. The word I’m referring to is, of course… POOP. I cringe every time a doctor asks about Sarai’s poop (and some doctors actually use the word “poop” too!), or when I have a poop-report for Adam when he gets home. What has become of me?!

So if you have any alternate words for poop, feel free leave them in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment