Monday, October 12, 2009

“You my… brown eyed girl! Do you remember when, we used to sing…”

Posted Oct 12, 2009 11:15am
Happy Columbus Day weekend! I don’t know about you, but we had some absolutely perfect fall days down here. Cool, sunny, falling leaves… just beautiful! We took the opportunity to take a couple pictures, I hope you enjoy them! (You might notice I chopped my hair off! I love it!) Sarai is resting right now doing her best Maggie Simpson impersonation (“[suck, suck, suck] pause [suck, suck, suck] pause”), giving me a quick second to update the blog!

We had a pretty easy going week last week, this week will be a little more busy. In addition to our regular early intervention visits from the speech therapist and massage therapist, physical therapy will start and the service coordinator from early intervention is coming by to go over paperwork. Plus we have a doctor’s appointment for shots (OUCH!) and an opthmology appointment. THEN, I’m trying to squeeze in a couple playdates at the end of the week. Whew!

The second appointment with the massage therapist didn’t go too great last week. Sarai has a tough time being in a quiet, alert state on her back long enough to tolerate it longer than a minute. I’ve started to get a little worried about this. I asked the therapist about it, the irritability can be a sign of Cerebral Palsy, and she kind of shrugged and told me I should ask the pediatrician about it. Humph. Sarai isn’t an “easy” baby. So far, she’s not a baby that you can just put down and she’ll be happy. We have to hold her almost constantly, and I’ve said this a million times, but thank GOODNESS for her Moby Wrap! So I’m worried. I sort of look at every little move she makes and think, “Is that normal?! Do other babies do that?! Do other babies look like that?!” It’s kind of driving me crazy. The therapist also said that she sees a lot of GREAT things about Sarai; She holds her head in line with her body, she has good head control, her hands aren’t fisted, she alternates legs when kicking. We decided we’ll skip massage for a week and give her an extra week to grow, and I’m working on massaging her while I’m nursing. That’s going really well. We’ve just got to get her comfortable being on her back!

I’m trying to put a video together of Sarai so you can see her and what she’s up to. I’ll post it on youtube when it’s finished, so stay tuned!

I had such a nice dinner out with friends from work on Friday. Then after dinner, Adam, Sarai and I headed to Brooklyn to spend some time with family. Unfortunately the Yankee’s won their game on Friday, so the Tirado-Yankee-Fans had a ball with that and the Tirado-Mets-Fans just sat with blank stares. But, other than that, it was a nice evening!

Have a wonderful Columbus Day! I hope you’re enjoying a day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment