Thursday, January 7, 2010

“A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way!” Jan. 7, 2010


G’day, or should I say, G-d’evening! I wanted to let you all know that Sarai is doing much better. We’re giving her breathing treatments every 4 hours, and her coughing has gotten much better. She went to the doctor yesterday and hadn’t lost any weight since Saturday, which is amazing because it’s been really hard to get her to eat. Usually she’ll take breastmilk, formula, prune juice… you name it! But lately all she’ll do is nurse, and will only take an ounce or two at a time (4 ounces is what she usually takes). Tonight though she did actually drink 4 oz of formula, so now I really feel like she’s on the mend!

Because she hasn’t been eating as much, she hasn’t been going to the bathroom regularly. She’s only gone #2 once in the past week, and let me tell you, it was like a regulation hockey puck! Seriously, I’m sending it down to the NY Rangers and they’re going to use it in the next match.

You may have noticed in pictures, or if you’ve seen her lately, that beautiful black full head of hair is finally thinning out and turning a much lighter brown. I’d call her hairstyle a backwards mullet…. Business out back, party up front!

She has an appointment with the neuro-ophthalmologist and a hearing screaning next week, not sure if she’ll be able to make those appointments or if we’ll have to cancel. Her next appointment with the pediatrician is on Monday, so I imagine she’ll tell me if we can go to those appointments, and maybe give an idea of when we can reschedule our trip to Duke. I’m hoping for the end of the month or the first week in February.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had not had a chance to read this until this evening. You have had a rough 2009 but 2010 is already looking up--I am so thrilled you do not have to go back to work in January. Yeah for you and Sarai. Please give her a squeeze from me and come to warm, sunny Tucson for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, almost forgot, I loved the Christmas Card. It is hanging in my office.

    ReplyDelete