Monday, January 25, 2010

“Well we’re movin’ on up, to the east side!” Jan. 25, 2010


We’re SO outta there! And getting all settled in to our new place! We had so many people help us out in the past week, it’s amazing. Christin, Beth and our downstairs neighbors all watched Sarai so we could pack. My mom came down for the weekend. Vanessa’s husband came to help with the move, PLUS 3 of Adam’s nephews and two of their friends, AND Sean, a friend of Adam’s from the guard. Whew! We had plenty of hands! Then (Titi) Michy and (Tio) Swel came Sunday so we could clean out the old place for good and get a few more things all taken care of. Thank you so much to all of our wonderful friends and family!

(I’ve had a couple people ask already, and just in case you needed it, our mailing address is the same: PO Box 372)

So everything is settling in nicely. We’ve got to paint Sarai’s room before anything gets set up in there, and that will have to wait until at least after we get back from Duke. (Right now the room is a yellow that offends me.) Anyone with painting advice let me know. I want it to be done right, and I’m a little clueless about painting.

So we leave Saturday for Duke! Stem cells, here we come! (Keep your fingers crossed, say some Hail Mary’s, or whatever you do, because if we have another setback, I won’t be responsible for all the f-bombs dropped in the next blog!) If you live in our area and have a minute to stop by and feed the cats once next week, let me know. We lost our friendly neighbors in the move.

Sarai started blowing bubbles this weekend while my mom was watching her! She’s doing a GREAT job holding her head up when we pull her to sit, and is doing SO much better tracking toys. Still not reaching for them, but she is reaching for our faces, so hopefully toys aren’t far off. Eating from a spoon is going really well too. She is really starting to like being on her back, we play “Where’s the baby?” and she thinks it’s a riot. I cover her with a little blanket she got from her GG, and when I uncover her (or she uncovers herself) she just laughs and coos. We’re finally getting to where she doesn’t have to be held all the time. Finally! I’m kind of glad the doctors at Duke will see her now instead of 6 weeks ago, because she’s really changed so much in the past 6 weeks. I can’t wait to see what they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment