Tuesday, February 2, 2010

“Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'Cause every little thing is gonna be all right." Feb. 2


Infusion #2: Complete!

We made our way to the hospital early this morning. The nurse we had yesterday burst into the room where Sarai was having her blood pressure taken and said, “I was trying to get her again today but SHE [points to today’s nurse] stole her from me!” Sorry sister, finder keepers. Then they chatted about how adorable Sarai is… I just never get sick of hearing that.

Colleen, a nurse practitioner, asked several questions about Sarai and her development. She was impressed with how well she’s doing. When Dr. K came in for the infusion, she was also really happy with her progress.

Dr. K had a little bit of a harder time getting a vein today. She found one on the second try, and things went smoothly from there. Today they had the music therapist come in with them. He played his guitar and sang through the whole procedure. He even got me in on a chorus of Twinkle, Twinkle! He sang mostly classic lullabies, but also did a little Beatles.

Sarai is suddenly famous for the onesies that Mim makes her. Yesterday, after everyone saw the, “Stem cells… may I have a second helping please?” shirt, people were just stopping us in the hall asking, “What’s her shirt say today??” Her shirt today said, “When I grow up I want to be just like Dr. K!” One nurse replied, “That’s some big shoes to fill!” and Dr. K said, “I guess I’ll have to be on my best behavior!” She really is an inspiring woman.

We’ve taped bits and pieces of our trip, so in a few days hopefully we’ll post it on youtube. We even taped the infusion, but I don’t think they want the procedure posted up on the internet. But if you happen to come over for a visit, we can share at home!

Tomorrow night is the MRI, at 8:15pm. So I’ll probably not post anything until Thursday or Friday. Thank you all for checking in! You’re the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment