Thursday, June 17, 2010

“It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s SUMMERTIME!”


(Have I started repeating song title’s yet? I’ve got to be getting close!)

Howdy! It’s been so long since we’ve talked, I don’t even know where to begin. First off, we had the bridal shower for my beautiful sister Katie and that went off without a hitch. Whew… And the day after we all had a wonderful spa day! Such a great weekend and I totally needed that massage.

In Sarai news… she just keeps getting stronger and happier by the second. We saw Dr. James and he is SO pleased with how well she’s doing. Dr. James begins every appointment by sitting at his desk and calling her name. At every appointment she has had no reaction to this, but at the last one as soon as he started talking to her, she just lit up with the biggest smile ever! Finally! He really got to see the best of her. She’s going to have an EEG tomorrow and if that looks good they’ll start to wean the Topamax. In August she’ll have an overnight EEG and maybe she’ll be down to just taking Sabril. I don’t think they’ll try to stop the Sabril for at least 2 years.

Last week Sarai had a sedated hearing test, it showed that her hearing is perfectly normal. Not like I wasn’t 95% sure of that, but her doctor was adamant that we get the test done.

Sarai is sleeping through the night again, last night for almost 12 hours! And, she’s in her crib! She’s a happy, squirmy, splashy girl in the tub again too. The change in her is just unbelievable.

We added a new service through early intervention, occupational therapy (OT). The new OT is super sweet and Sarai’s been great with her. This brings services up to 8x/week. They’re all so helpful and positive, I don’t know what I’d do without them.

Adam is away doing his two weeks with the Guard but will be back this weekend. Sarai and I took a last minute trip up to Syracuse to visit and break up the time alone. So sad we missed the Pompey Field Days by a week… : ( (I’m kind of kidding, and kind of not!)

Summertime is already here! We’ll probably be going back to Duke in August. It should be a quickish trip, just appointments with the neurologist at Duke, Dr. Escolar and she’ll get an MRI. I’ll be really curious to see what the MRI shows this time. So we’ll have a busy, quick summer of appointments and before I know it I’ll be back to work!!! We hired a woman to come to the house to watch Sarai. She’s super sweet and has experience with childcare and children with special needs. Let’s hope she doesn’t bail on us between now and late August!

And did I forget to mention, Sarai’s first birthday is just a couple weeks away! I can’t believe our little peanut butter is already a year old! Happy summer and love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment