Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!”


Yep, it’s true. Our beautiful, little girl turned ONE today!! I can’t believe how far we’ve come. Just a year ago, she weighed 3 lbs 7 oz and was born with a full head of black, pin straight, spikey hair! Today, she’s up to about 21 lbs, and her brown curls are growing out of control. She’s so happy, and such a joy in our lives. We love you, Sarai!

In the last post (which was ages ago!) I said Sarai was going for another EEG. I didn’t realize how scared I was for this test until we got to the hospital. I would have been devastated if they told me she was still having some spasms. After waiting for about 4 days for the results, Dr. James called to tell us her EEG was NORMAL!! That was the best news I’ve heard… ever! So we’ve started to wean her off the Topamax. We’ll go for another, longer, EEG in August. Hopefully we’ll get more great news.

We’ve got lots of appointments in the next few weeks, with the developmental pediatrician, neurologist and neuro ophthalmologist. The trip to Duke is right around the corner (week of August 16th I think), and I’ve got to start thinking of setting up my classroom. I have dreams every summer of getting to school on the first day and my room being totally packed up from the year before. The kids help me unroll the carpet and unpack boxes in my dream. Last week I had a dream (already!) that it was the first day of school and I was so nervous because I hadn’t set up my room before the kids got there… but all my coworkers had been in and done the whole thing for me! So, Marion, if you’re not too busy… : ) Nah, I think I can probably handle it. And I think I’ll be ok going back to work.

I’m in Syracuse now getting ready for Katie’s wedding! I can’t believe my little sister is getting married on Saturday!! She is going to make the most beautiful bride, it’s going to be a beautiful day. Family is coming into town from all over the east coast, I can’t wait to see everyone. Love weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment