Sunday, December 27, 2009


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We were busy running around, as usual. Sarai got some adorable outfits and some cool toys. I’m working hard trying to get her to play with them. She can spin some of the “spinny things,” but I’m not so sure how much she does on purpose and how much is on accident. But I’m confident that very soon she’s going to realize that her hands are part of her body, and she can USE them!


Last week, just before we went to Duke, Sarai had a little cough and runny nose. That’s back again. We’re giving her a little extra vitamin C, the doctor said as long as she doesn’t have a fever, it’s normal. The cold makes her pretty tired, and gives her what Adam calls her “sexy baby voice.” It’s sort of pathetic, but we can’t help but giggle at it. Mean parents!


Sarai’s been eating some food for the past week, and that’s made for some interesting diapers. She’s had cereal, pears and carrots. After the first day I thought eating would never fly, but it’s not going bad. So far she likes the pears best.


You guys know what a crazy year this has been for us, probably not the best for our family. But you also know some pretty amazing things have happened, so I decided to make a list of the top 10 best things about 2009… here goes!


10. Katie’s “slammin” cheese fondue - I don’t think I’d have made it to10,000 calories in one weekend without it! Thanks Kate!

9. Trip to Tucson with Katie and Sarai – fun!

8. My moby wrap – they say infants who are carried in a wrap cry up to40% less… I think I’d just cry all the time without it!

7. My new haircut – love it!

6. Being able to stay home with Sarai for a few more months than Ithought… thank you GCSD!

5. Meeting Dr. Kurtzberg at Duke and Dr. Escolar at UNC… they put a verypositive outlook on Sarai’s future.

4. VERY thankful that we banked Sarai’s cord blood!

3. We have the best family and friends, ever, hands down! We could nothave made it through this year without you all.

2. I have a wonderful husband who is patient, understanding, and an excellent father.


And last but not least, of course….


#1. Most thankful for our beautiful daughter. What would we do withoutour Sarai??


So that’s it, 2009 is almost behind us, and I’m very much looking forward to what 2010 has in store. Happy New Year!!


(Happy Birthday Jeff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment