Tuesday, March 23, 2010

“Sweet home [Central Valley], where the skies are so blue!”

I was afraid to get my hopes up, but here we are! Dr. James came in last night and said we would be good to go home today! He read the EEG while he was there. It looked like she was still having small spasms, so he brought up the ACTH back up to the original dose, but it’s one big shot rather than two smaller ones.

We waited around the hospital until about noon, and we were free birds! We’ve got a visiting nurse coming tomorrow to check in on us, make sure we’re comfortable with all the equipment and with giving Sarai her medication. So far so good there. Then we see her pediatrician just to check in, Thursday we see her neurologist. These guys will just check her out and get all the info about what’s been going on for the last three weeks.

THREE WEEKS!! Who ever would have thought we’d be in the hospital for 3 weeks?! We missed the whole month of March! It feels so good to be home. I have a million things to do, cleaning, groceries, prescriptions to fill and I’m not even phased. I made meatloaf and perogies for dinner. I can’t tell you how good it felt to chop an onion, and the apartment smells so good. Luckily, we’re home in time for Adam’s birthday. It’s tomorrow!

Happy Birthday Adam!! You are an amazing dad, I love you to pieces, and Sarai just adores you! I don’t know how I would ever have gotten through all of this without you. You’re THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment