Sunday, April 4, 2010

“Jubilation! She loves me again! I fall on the floor and I laughing!”


No real significance to today’s title, just love my baby! And S & G.

Happy Easter everyone! As you know, it was Sarai’s first Easter, so of course the Easter bunny didn’t disappoint and brought her her first basket. When Katie and I were kids, that tricky bunny used to hide the basket in the craziest places, and today’s bunny is no different. After searching the whole house, Adam and Sarai found her basket in the dryer! Silly wabbit…. He brought her all kinds of adorable outfits and some yummy candy too.

Mom and Bill were here for the weekend. We had such a nice visit and a delicious surf and turf Easter dinner! My stomach is still smiling. And the weather couldn’t have been more perfect. Spring is really here, trees are budding, the air smells fresh…. Jubilation!

On a yuckier note…. Un-jubilation if you will… Sarai didn’t sleep great last Wednesday, so I took her to the doctor. Her cough (which really hasn’t gone away since RSV in January) kept waking her up, and she had a runny nose in the morning. I went to the doctor just to be sure because of the ACTH weakening her immune system, but was sure they’d turn me away as a silly, worried mom. Well, turns out she has pneumonia. Her lungs sounded clear, but she had a REALLY high white count, and a chest xray confirmed the diagnosis. So in addition to everything else, she’s now on an antibiotic. We had to check back in on Friday, and we’re going back again tomorrow. We’re lucky they didn’t send us right to the hospital, but as they said, her lungs sounded clear and they didn’t want her to pick up something else while in the hospital.

A couple weeks ago my cousin Julie took Katie to a psychic/medium. (Long, interesting story.) I called Katie on Thursday to ask, “So, when you saw this medium lady, did she happen to mention anything about my being Jack the Ripper in a pervious life?!?! Sarai has pneumonia!” Unbelievable. But, she’s a trooper, as usual. The doctors in the NICU called her a champion, her pediatrician keeps telling me she’s a survivor. Like I don’t already know!

We decided to follow up with Dr. James rather than going back to Corn-hell. (HA! I’m sorry, that’s really mean…) We see him on Tuesday, Sarai has her vision evaluation for early intervention on Wednesday, and we have a meeting with all her early intervention providers on Thursday.

Welcome back to school, teachers! Hope you all had a nice spring break! June is just around the corner! Miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment