Tuesday, July 20, 2010


It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve sat here and typed an update… sorry, but it’s taken me this long to recover from Katie’s awesome wedding!! She couldn’t have looked more beautiful, we danced the night away, and (my cousin) Johnny was impressed with my speech. Home run, baby! The ONLY thing that could have made the night better: We should have had Katie sing “Baby Got Back” with the band (you KNOW she knows each and ever word!). If we had gotten that on tape, we would have been on Ellen for sure! Katie and Steve are back from their honeymoon already, and thank goodness because I was going through some serious withdrawal from not talking to her for a week.

Sarai… already a year old!! And still toothless as the day she was born! When will those teeth come in?? I’ve been waiting for months now. I’ll keep you posted.

We saw the neurologist yesterday and he was VERY positive about how great Sarai is doing. Of course she is still very delayed, but he said that it’s just “amazing” that she’s come through the spasms almost as if they never happened. He said it seems like her vision has gotten a lot better (she tracked his face left and right and back again) and that her head control is really great too (he put her on her belly and she lifted her head and shoulders up SO high!). She definitely showed her best self. She’s a wonder, such a fighter! It’s always great to hear him so positive. I think I smiled in the car the whole way home.

We see the neuro ophthalmologist tomorrow, cardiologist next week (for her PDA, not a real concern right now), and we’ll see a physiatrist in a couple weeks (to see if maybe there’s some equipment that could help with her development that we should have). August 9th she’ll be in Westchester Children’s for probably 3 days for an EEG and the week after we head to Duke for follow up appointments and an MRI. Whew. There goes our summer!!

I went into school today to start setting up my classroom since August will be so crazy. I have to say, it felt nice to get some clean bulletin board paper up and some nice new boarders on the boards. Starting to get into teacher mode again…I have to say, it feels kind of nice. I think it’ll be really good to go back. I’m looking forward to the challenge… no seriously, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment