Monday, July 26, 2010

“I write the songs, I write the songs…”

Greetings and salutations mi gente!! Celebrations for Sarai’s birthday are officially over and were great fun. (I still can’t believe she’s a year old already!) This past weekend we had a barbeque at our house with Adam’s family. The Tirado’s are not known for missing a single birthday, so we had about 50 people here, including a couple friends from work and even a few college friends. We had a great time! After singing Happy Birthday, Adam forced me to sing the Sarai Analiese Song. What?! You haven’t heard the Sarai Analiese Song?! Well, click on this…

And there you have it.

The neuro ophthalmologist gave news that almost seems a little too good to be true. He said he feels that her vision is pretty much caught up to where she should be, that she doesn’t have cortical visual impairment, she has delayed visual maturation and that she’ll have normal vision eventually. ?? I asked why then isn’t she reaching for toys, he said that’s a “coordination thing.” I have to say, I see a GIANT LEAP of improvement in her vision. She’s suddenly turning to voices, fixing on and following our faces all the time. But she still doesn’t look at her toys. I have great hopes for her vision, but I’m a little cautious about what the doctor said.

We saw the cardiologist today, and Sarai’s ductus (PDA) is still open (little valve in her heart). Not of concern now, in fact she told me to come back in two years. She said if it doesn’t close by the time she’s 3, or 4, or 5, they may close it with an angioplasty-like procedure. We just have to wait and see. It’s a very common thing in preemies.

Best news ever…. Sarai started rolling last week! From her back to her belly (the harder way to do it!)! She’s continued rolling several times a day, and a couple times we’ve found her flipped in her crib. (I’m trying SO hard to get this on camera. So far it’s been impossible, but I WILL get it on tape!) She is one determined little critter. She always goes over her left shoulder and sometimes that left arm gets stuck, but she won’t stop until it’s free and she’s fully flipped. I can’t tell you how excited this made me! I just feel like, she’s finally doing it… she IS going to get there, it’s just going to take a little longer. Keep showin’ and provin’ baby! When life gives you lemons… grab some salt and do a tequila shot! (But not until you’re 21.)

No comments:

Post a Comment