Sunday, August 8, 2010

“Your love is better than ice cream, better than anything else that I've tried”

I’ve just come back from the Central Valley “pond” after doing a little swimming with my girl...


...and getting properly sun-kissed (a.k.a., comfortably burned)… ahhhhh, what a way to spend a Sunday! Sarai got a lot of attention for her adorable swimsuit

(thanks Aunt Katie!) and for her new strawberry toenails.

Sarai is a real water-baby, just like her mommy and her Grandpa Petryk. I hope your weekend is just as nice.



If you didn’t already see this on facebook, I finally got the infamous Sarai-roll on video, and if you’d like to watch it, here it is…


Sarai is being admitted into the hospital tomorrow for her EEG. We’re planning on being there until about Wednesday. Hopefully this EEG will be normal like the last one and we can finally kick the Topamax to the curb.


Next weekend we leave for Duke. I can’t believe it’s been a year since our first trip! Before I know it I’ll be back to work. I’m really ready now. I’ve truly needed this year to get everything settled and get into a routine, get past all these bumps in our road, and things are really steadying out. The babysitter came for a day last week, met a couple of the early intervention providers, and Sarai seems really comfortable with her.


I met my friend Kate and her beautiful children out at a couple of local parks this week. She encouraged me to try Sarai in a baby swing and see if she liked it. I thought there’s NO WAY she could hold herself up in it, that it’d never work… but she really liked it!

(Those are squeals of joy, I swear!)  See, this is why I need to spend time with experienced mom’s. I need advice, lots of it!

And here's a few adorable "daddy shots" that I just want to share...


They're  best buds...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all had a great weekend! Love the pictures!! I just love the cheeks on that kid! Good luck tomorrow. I will be saying some prayers for our pumpkin!

    Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete