Saturday, August 28, 2010

“Don’t stop, believin’! Hold on to that feelin’! Streetlights, people…”

What a beautiful weekend!! Da-da, da, da, da, I’m lovin’ it! This week was just meant to be a good one. It started out with our two year anniversary on Monday, which was also my dad’s birthday. I had some nice time with my thoughts and memories, I miss him very much.


Adam and I had out first date-night since… I don’t know how long. I think that’s the second time we’ve been to the movies since Sarai was born. We used to LIVE at the movies. If I could have bought stock in popcorn with extra butter, I would have. We saw Inception… it was, weird, and ok.

PLUS, yesterday we headed down to Brooklyn to meet Sarai’s new cousin, Avery, for the first time. What a beauty she is!!! At the last minute, we ended up heading out with family to Coney Island. I’ve never been there before. Last minute plans that actually come together are SO worth it. Great way to end the summer and a great week.
(She had her first funnel cake!)

Why was it so great you ask?? For starters, I heard from Dr. James and he said that Sarai’s last marathon-EEG was NORMAL!!!! Thank goodness!! I could do a back-flip. (Well, I can’t actually do a back-flip, but I’ll chair dance.) THEN, we had Sarai’s annual meeting and that went really well too. Everyone is so impressed with how well she’s doing. Joann (the vision therapist) actually said that Sarai has improved more than ANY child she’s ever worked with! Can you believe that?? Yeah, baby!!

So, yes, it’s been a great week. The babysitter starts Monday, and I head back to school. The kids start Thursday, but I’ve still got a lot of prep work to do before they get there. If your kids are going back to school this week, wish them well for me! If they’re not going until the week after, they’re lucky dogs!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for great news!! I love reading about what Sarai is up to and how much she is improving. I hope you have a great school year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post! What a wonderful last week of summer vacation and maternity leave! Sarai is just amazing and she proves it again and again. Love the new pics!

    Love you guys!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Glad you had fun at date night. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Mandee! Praise God! God is good all the time! I love the picture of Sarai on her tummy looking at her toy...she's really concentrating...such a miracle! Love to all...A. Linda

    ReplyDelete