Sunday, August 15, 2010

“Getting to know you…”

"Getting to know you,

Getting to know all about you.

Getting to like you,

Getting to hope you like me."
"Getting to know you, putting it my way,

But nicely,

You are precisely, my cup of tea."

Let's hear a nice round of applause for Kingston and Sarai everyone!!!  Thank you, thank you.

The Tirado family arrived safe and sound in Virginia on Saturday morning at about 2:15am. We didn’t hit any Shore traffic and Sarai slept the whole way like an angel. As soon as we stopped the car in front of Amy and Kevin’s, she promptly woke up and (Adam said it looked like) she thought, “Humm, I’ve never been up at 2am in Virginia before! Let me check this out!” She stayed up for at least an hour and a half.




It’s been fun putting Sarai and Kingston next to each other to play. I have to say, this is probably the first time I’ve seen Sarai notice another baby. Kingston has been very gracious and shared all of his toys with Sarai. But they haven’t been too cooperative for pictures.
(We've had a lot of those.)

 
In fact, Sarai hasn’t been very cooperative in general. Last night she fussed and fussed, and didn’t go to bed until almost 11, and that was only because I let her sleep with me. When I tried to put her in the pack and play, she woke up screaming and Adam had to take her out for a drive (we’ve NEVER had to do that!). So we wonder, is she teething?? Have I told you what a running joke that is? I’m afraid that Sarai will be 30, on her wedding day, all up in arms about something, someone will remark, “What a bridezilla!,” and I’ll say, “Nah, we think she’s teething.” When are these teeth going to come in?? Kingston already has two!!  As seen here...



We head to Cindy and Justin’s tomorrow, that’ll be another 5 hours or so from here. Our first appointment with the nurse practitioner and Dr. Kurtzberg is on Tuesday. We’ve had a great visit with Amy and Kevin. Kingston is almost 8 months old now and is just so cute! I think Kevin is ready for twins. You should have seen him feeding Kingston with one hand and holding Sarai in the other. Way to go, Super-Dad!

Some extra pics...




3 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful. Thank you for posting them.

    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those pics are sweet :) And I love Sarai's pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know why she was fussy. She realized that you guys went right by the Jersey Shore and didn't stop!! I am also fussy about this issue. No GTL? No Snooki? No Situation?? Maybe on the way back you can introduce it all to Sarai.

    Love the pictures!! It's no surprise that Kingston was a gracious host -- he learns from the best. Glad you had a nice visit. Now on to the Hensens'.

    I hope all of your appointments go well!! Drive safely!

    Love you guys!!
    Titi Katie

    ReplyDelete