Thursday, August 12, 2010

“I'm on my way, just set me free, home sweet home!”

Home sweet home! Ahhhhh…. Even after just a short stay in the hospital, you have no idea how nice it is to pick up Sarai and not maneuver around the wires attached to her head. I pick her up, swirl her around if I feel like it, and put her on my lap any way I please. Love it!


Sarai was EXHAUSTED when we got her home. I tried to feed her… chicken, lima beans and corn… My mom cringed when I told her I was making baby food with lima beans, but what’s the big deal? I don’t remember the last time I had a lima bean (if ever!), but they probably taste just like regular beans. I mean, I don’t think they taste like limes… do they?? Sarai didn’t seem impressed.


We gave her a second bath to try and wash the glue out of her hair, but it’s still chunky with glue clumps and greasy looking.

(You know she doesn't even do squats to get that tush!)

Back to exhausted… after dinner and her bath, Sarai only finished half of her bottle (unheard of) skipped 4 oz. of oatmeal, fell asleep at 6:30pm and slept for almost 13 hours!!! Poor baby, she’s so glad to be home.

Adam and I thought originally we’d leave for the south Saturday afternoon. Then, a friendly episode of Jersey Shore reminded me that if we left any time on Saturday we’d be sitting in Shore traffic for HOURS. So we’re planning on leaving for Amy and Kevin’s at 8pm on Friday, probably will get in around 2am, and get to spend the weekend with Amy and Kevin. Sarai should be totally asleep the whole way and we’ll keep our fingers crossed for minimal Shore traffic. We’ll be gone for a week. I’m looking forward to hearing some good news and meeting with the doctors. : )

"I said NO MORE LIMA BEANS!  Do you hear me?!"

1 comment:

  1. We hear you sweet heart don't blame you one bit

    ReplyDelete