Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Forgetful Jones

Posted Jul 29, 2009 7:39pm

Sarai had a good day today. Less dips in her oxygen and she did good eating her donuts, even though last night she didn’t do too great with her bottles. Hopefully tonight she’ll do better.

Her doctor talked to us about whether or not we’ll want to have a monitor for her when we take her home, to alert us if her oxygen dips or if she stops breathing. He said they don’t really recommend them, but if it will make us sleep better, then they could recommend it. So we’ll just see.

We’ve all heard of baby brain. Has anyone else ever experienced it worse after you have the baby?? I’m a total space-case, much worse than usual, much worse than when I was pregnant. Two days ago after I was making donuts, I walked out of the room with my shirt still pulled half down, exposing my donuts to the whole NICU! (Well, my “apron” was at least on.) A couple weeks ago I came out of the bathroom with my dress tucked in to my underwear. Can I think of any other new and interesting ways to flash the NICU staff?

I’m sleep deprived.

But all I want to do is hold Sarai! She makes the most adorable squeaks and squirms. Her little tongue is so cute! And she’s just so alert. I’d sleep there if I could. So, don’t ask me to stay home. I love her more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment