Tuesday, July 28, 2009

... It's time to make the donuts!

Posted Jul 28, 2009 7:40pm

Sarai is gaining weight like a champion. Still having trouble maintaining her oxygen, but I think she’s getting better with the caffeine. Her bottle and breast feedings are going really well.

Speaking of which…. You guys know I’m breast feeding. I’ve wanted to gripe a little about this, not breast feeding, but pumping. But this is hard to talk about, it’s a little personal, so I thought it’d be easier to talk about if I change the terminology. So for the purpose of this blog, pumping is now called “making donuts.” See, it’s already easier to write about!

I am a slave to making donuts. I wake up around 6:00am to make donuts. I have enough time to have breakfast, shower, get dressed, make lunches and BAM… it’s time to make donuts again. I pack the car, drive to the hospital, give my beautiful girl a kiss and…. You guessed it… time to make the donuts! Basically, that’s my whole day. Everything I do revolves around my making donuts schedule. I can’t be more than 2 ½ hours away from home or hospital without all my making donuts equipment. I know it’s the best thing for Sarai, especially with her compromised immune system because she’s a preemie, but is this going to get easier when she’s home and we can make donuts together?? At least we won’t have all the equipment to worry about. Aye.

Aunt Kathy Murray, Mason and Grace are my cats. They are not looking forward to Sarai coming home. I don’t think they’re very well prepared for being a big brother and sister!

The Bachelorette was a joke last night. If SNL doesn’t do skits about half the cast leaving, then coming back, they should be ashamed of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment