Sunday, July 12, 2009

...I can see clearly now, the blue light is gone!


Posted Jul 12, 2009 7:07pm

Sarai made a couple big steps today! The blue light that’s been on her everyday since she was born was turned off! So she can finally have her eye mask off! The doctor said that this is a trial and not to be disappointed if they have to turn it back on, but it was WONDERFUL to be able to look at her, and actually have her look back at us! She even smiled a few times! (I don’t know if this was voluntary or not, but hey, I’ll take what I can get!)

They also turned the CPAP pressure down. But later in the morning, I noticed that the mask wasn’t even in her nose like it should be. I told the nurse and she said, “I think it’s time to go to cannulas.” So they switched her to cannulas, and her oxygen stayed good all day. So now, we can actually look at our precious daughter’s face! And she can look back! Ahhhhh, what am amazing feeling!

The isolette she’s in was turned down last night to “manual,” so she’s been regulating her own temperature all day and doing PERFECT! Can you believe this girl??!! I’m pretty sure tomorrow she’ll be speaking in full sentences!

She’s still getting 20cc’s of food for each meal. They were going to bring her up to 25, but she vomited this morning. The nurse thinks she may have some reflux. It just happened the one time, and her other feedings were fine. Once her feedings go up to 28 or 30cc’s, the tube going into her bellybutton will be able to be removed. (They’re giving her extra nutrition through that tube.) Once the tube comes out, we can finally hold her!

Sarai had a bunch of visitors today. Her Tio Louie and Titi Liz brought Abuela Tirado. Plus John and Sara stopped by. It was so nice to see everyone!

Soooooo…… think my day can’t get any better?.................WRONG!

My friend Christin came to my house today and dropped off a ton of baked ziti, a chicken casserole and a chocolate pudding cake! Let me tell you….. YUM! We just had some ziti, it was delicious! Thank you Christin (and her mom!)!

We’ll try to get some more pictures up tomorrow! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment