Thursday, July 30, 2009

"We go together, like a wink and a smile."


Posted Jul 30, 2009 9:00pm

Sarai had another good day today. (Are you sick of hearing that?) They do blood work every Wednesday. The blood work yesterday showed that her caffeine levels were low, so they gave her a bolus of caffeine last night and increased her level today. She had MUCH less dips in her oxygen levels and the ones she had, most of them she got herself out of. So that was GREAT. We didn’t have to sit there holding her staring at the monitor the whole time (well, old habits die hard).

Right after we got there, of course I picked her right up and started kissing her and telling her how beautiful she is, and then I noticed…. Her cannulas were off!!! They decided yesterday that they really weren’t doing anything (like I said, they were usually just on room air anyway), so they took them off and she looks marvelous! It’s funny, Adam and I didn’t even notice at first.

Last night, and the night before, she didn’t do great with her bottle feeds. But she did another great job today taking her donuts like a big girl! She just likes donuts, what can I say?

I forgot to say thank you to Titi Michy, Tio Swel, Grandma Tirado, Big Mario and Alison. We got tons more clothes for Sarai from them, her mattress and her pack and play! Her nursery will be all set when we get her furniture! Dad and Elda also sent a bunch of adorable clothes. We took everything to be washed today so Sarai can start sporting her new outfits!

We met Coleen and Bob's baby RJ today! He is so adorable! Congratulations guys! We can't wait to take the kids out for walks around the ponds together!

I managed to make it through a day without flashing anyone in the NICU. (Thanks for sharing your stories Miriam, you made me feel better!)

And thanks to everyone for all your comments and well wishes and support! I can’t believe how many people are reading this and I SO look forward to reading comments from everyone! Believe me, you bring smiles to my face everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment