Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Luck be a lady tonight!"


Posted Jul 26, 2009 8:22pm
Another great day to report for the Tirado family!

First of all, it was a day for breastfeeding champions!! And Sarai and I took the lead! I haven’t shared the breastfeeding trials and tribulations (and there have been many), I wanted to spare the men who read this the details, but I can tell you that today was the first really successful day we’ve had! (You know, for something that’s supposed to be so natural, it’s really HARD. I don’t know how people do it on their own. I’ve had a team to support me and help me through this. I’ve been totally clueless.) And after a whole 15 minutes of breastfeeding, Sarai finished her meal with the bottle! So, for the first time, Sarai had a whole meal without using her feeding tube. That’s a big step! If she does that again tonight, maybe they’ll increase her bottle feedings tomorrow, and we’ll be one more step closer to bringing her home. : ) Cha-ching!

I have to say thank you to Fran, Sarai’s nurse today (and tomorrow, thankfully!). She was absolutely wonderful. She was my good luck charm today and she was WONDERFUL with helping me to breastfeed. A positive attitude goes a long way!

What else?

Oh, we had a whole slew of Tirado’s come to visit Sarai today! Titi Michelle, Titi Sharon, Tio Slope, cousins Mari and Brena, and second cousins Kenny and Arianna. She’s really getting to know everyone! Poor Baby Kenny really wanted to see her…

Kenny: Why can’t I see Sarai?
Me: Because you’re too little. : ( But you can see her when she comes home from the hospital.
Kenny: Can she come to my house someday?
Me: Yes! : )

After the hospital, I went out to Jersey and had a wonderful dinner with Uncle Tom, Aunt Teresa and Andrew. Thanks guys! Delicious, as always!

I won an e-bay auction today to get Sarai her bedding. Yippee!

I have a bunch of pictures ready to be scrap-booked tomorrow in the scrap booking group that meets at the hospital. I’m psyched.

Happy Birthday Natalya and Grandma Tirado!

Good day. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment