Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"If you had carried her to term, she would have been born with.... a HAIR-DO!"


Posted Jul 15, 2009 6:52pm

Thanks to Titi Liz for the quote about her hair!

Hi guys!

Sorry I didn’t write yesterday, but like Mom said, I was exhausted, and there wasn’t much to report. So I’ll catch you up today!

Sarai is up to getting 28cc’s of milk for each “meal.” They’re giving her an extra 4 calories in her milk to help her gain weight. Her nurse said once she puts on about 200 grams (8ish oz?) she’ll be able to transition to a bassinette. Yesterday she gained 30 grams, gotta keep that up for a week and we’ll be good to go!

I thought they weren’t going to try to bottle feed her until next week (when she’s 34 weeks) because that’s when they say babies learn to swallow, suck and breathe all at the same time. But Dr. LaGamma says they’re going to try to give her a bottle tomorrow! (She’s so advanced for her age!) Really though, I think it’s a long shot to think it’ll work right away, but I’m excited about trying. This will probably be a slow process.

So, Sarai had a nice little surprise for me today! Her nurse asked me if I wanted to change her diaper, and I said, “Of course!” So I’m changing her, making sure I’ve got another diaper ready to go (I was warned by a wise old nurse!). While I was taking off the old diaper I noticed a little skid mark. I started taking off the old one, had the new one in the air ready to scoot under her….. and she started PROJECTILE POOPING RIGHT INTO IT! Luckily I caught it all in her diaper and didn’t make a mess of her isolette, but geez! This little stinker doesn’t want to give me a break! Later, Daddy got a poopy diaper too!

Now that we can hold her, they let us just sit and sit with her for as long as we want. I could just look at her all day! Tomorrow Aunt Katie is going to come meet her niece! Prepare to be smitten, Aunt Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment