Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I'm walkin' on sunshine... WHOA!"


Posted Jul 21, 2009 8:07pm
…. "And don’t it feel good! HEY!"

I came in to Sarai’s room today to find her… in a bassinette! I was so excited I can’t even tell you! Now, she can hear us talking to her when she’s laying down, we can pick her up and put her down when we want to on our own, I can play the cow Aunt Sharon got for her! YAY! She’s really on her way.

One of the hospital’s social workers, when she saw her in her bassinette, gave me a check off for things we need to do before she’s discharged. That reminded me that I’ve got to learn how to change her clothes and bath her. I asked the nurse about it today so she let me change her clothes. Aye, she’s so TINY! Putting her into an outfit was scary, but I’m getting used to it. Even picking her up on my own… today was my first time! I had to ask her nurse to really show me what to do. Then later, after I changed her, I got her out on my own, positioned her on my lap and we just hung out. Her nurse said, “Look at you!” Yep, I’ve come a long way too!

So we’re trying breastfeeding every day now. (I’ll spare the guys the details here.) The doctor wants her to also be bottle feeding each night, so she’s on double duty now. She can handle it. She’s tough!

I got a call from the furniture store today and her furniture is here! They told me it wouldn’t be here until September, but now it looks like we’ll have her things here before she gets home! Hip, hip…. HURRAY!

And that’s why I’m walkin’ on sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment