Monday, July 27, 2009

"Oh baby let me be, your little teddy bear!"

Posted Jul 27, 2009 7:13pm

Not too much to report today. Sarai continues on her feeding frenzy and will probably start to get an extra feeing by bottle tomorrow, bringing her up to three (out of eight) a day. Yippee!

Sarai’s attending doctor, Dr. LaGamma (who we love), did his three weeks and will no longer be rounding on a regular basis. Dr. Mintzer, who was a fellow, I think completed his fellowship today, so we also won’t be seeing him anymore. He was with us when Sarai was born and has been wonderful! THEN, Sarai’s nurse Fran, who’s been an angel, left today on a mini vacation and we’ll probably (hopefully) be discharged before she comes back. Why is everyone we love leaving us??

Our new attending said today that she’ll probably be another two weeks in the hospital, so just for that, it’s going to take a little longer for him to grow on me. He said, with her just starting the caffeine, they’ll want to monitor her on that for a week, then monitor her off it for a week. Plus, she’s still on oxygen, and just starting to eat on her own. So, two weeks. I’m counting the minutes!

Adam and I went to scrap-booking class today. They have the coolest stuff! Adam even started a “daddy page.”

One of the hospital’s occupational therapists came to show me how to do infant massage. Sarai didn’t seem too into it. I wanted to tell the lady, “You know, you can demonstrate on me! I won’t squirm or squeal!” But, no luck. She’ll come back to show me more tomorrow.

It’s 8:00pm and I’m ready to sit back and watch some TV! Bachelorette season finale! Who will it be? Kiptyn or Ed?? I’ve had my eye on Kiptyn since the first episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment