Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Que sera, Sarai! Be happy and please don't cry! You're the apple of Grandma's eye!..."


Posted Aug 16, 2009 9:14pm
Oh we are so happy to have Sarai home! She slept a little better last night, but still wasn’t comfortable sleeping on her own. Hopefully it will just get a little better every night. We seem to have ditched the monitors from the hospital and are just using a monitor that lays like a mat under her bassinette. It goes off if it senses that she isn’t moving for 20-30 seconds and I think it’s fabulous. No false alarms.

A visiting nurse came to see her today. I didn’t realize that we would have a visiting nurse, but I guess someone will be stopping by to check on her, weigh her, and I don’t know what else. The lady today wasn’t her regular nurse, so she wasn’t sure how often we’ll be seeing the “real” nurse, but maybe we’ll find out this week. I asked her today about Sarai having trouble sleeping and she said, like the doctor, that it will just take time for her to adjust, could be a couple months. Luckily, Adam is here tonight so we can share some of the midnight hours with her.

I had a nice nap tonight while Mom made a delicious dinner. No news today on Duke or anything. Now with Sarai at home, I don’t know if I’ll be posting every night (you probably don’t want to hear about dirty diapers and making donuts every day, do you?). But if there is news, or if I just feel like rambling about my beautiful daughter, you know where to find me!

No comments:

Post a Comment