Monday, August 10, 2009

"Just another manic Monday"


Posted Aug 10, 2009 9:29pm
Just another manic Monday… but a good Monday.

The neurologist called me last night at midnight to tell me that the EEG came back normal! That means Sarai has normal brain function and didn’t have any seizures. She has had a vision and hearing test and those both came out normal as well. Her MRI for today… what an ordeal. It was scheduled for 12:30, they pushed it back 2:00. By 2, they said, probably at 4:00. At 4, they said after 5:00. At 5, they said get here, STAT! Poor baby girl couldn’t eat anything for 6 hours before the test, so they stopped her food at 5:30 this morning. She was getting sugar and liquid through an IV, but she was STARVING. They thought they might not have to use anesthesia for the MRI, but they ended up giving her a little through her IV. But by the time the test was over, she was screaming for food and raring to go. I’m sure she was really happy to have her first bottle after 15 hours without one!

We’re coming to the end of our stay in the NICU. Before Sarai comes home, she has to pass a carseat test. They put her in the seat to make sure she can maintain her oxygen for at least an hour. They told us today to bring in her carseat tomorrow. I’m excited!

Sarai had a long day of testing and not being able to eat, but she came through like the champ she is. We got to snuggle her quite a bit. My fever broke last night. I made it out to the doctor first thing this morning. A very understanding doctor decided to see me even though I didn’t have an appointment (I showed up and BEGGED!). He gave me the go ahead to see Sarai and gave me an antibiotic that doesn’t interfere with making donuts.

Grandma Tirado and Titi’s Michy and Sharon all came out today, but the crazy testing schedule didn’t allow them to spend much time with Sarai. : ( But we were glad to see them for a little while! Mom and I made it to scrapbooking. Mom even made a couple pages for Sarai’s book! The book is really coming along.

We drove home through a terrible rain storm. There was crazy thunder and lightening and lots of cars pulled off the road. But, as we’ve been doing for the past 5 weeks, we weathered the storm!

Happy 5 weeks old, Sarai!

No comments:

Post a Comment