Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Baby I'm amazed by you...."


Posted Aug 12, 2009 7:59pm
Buenos noches!

Sarai spent most of the morning strutting around the NICU with the crown she won last night. Sheesh… what a diva she’s turning out to be!

I called this morning to see how she did on her carseat test last night and the night nurse told me she passed, YAY! Then we got to the hospital and the day nurse told me that she didn’t actually pass, BOO! Then we were told that she won’t be coming home tomorrow after all. BOO, again. They want to monitor her more with the dips in her oxygen. (I keep calling them “dips,” they’re actually called desaturations, or de-sats.) The monitor we will bring her home on doesn’t pick up de-sats, and they want to make sure it’s safe to bring her home. I do too.

They did blood work today and found that her caffeine level was low (probably because she’s gained so much weight, she’s 5 lbs 5 oz now!) so they brought that up today. That might help with the de-sats.

I ran into Dr. Doomsday (the attending on Sarai’s team) this afternoon. He’s the one who told me about the PVL. I guess he saw me today and decided to take the opportunity to shut out any ray of hope I have for Sarai. So many people are so positive about how well she’s done and what the future can hold for her. I totally say, FORGET HIM! Mom said tonight, we’re going to send him a card of Sarai jumping and laughing on her first birthday and just write “SURPRISE!” on it! I say, absolutely! He clearly has no idea how strong my will is or how much we all love Sarai.

Just watch, Dr. Doomsday. You’ll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment