Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Things look bright and I feel alright yeah I'm heading south ..."


Posted Aug 23, 2009 8:51pm
Here we are in North Carolina!

Adam and I got up at 3:30 to try and make it to Uncle Tom and Aunt Theresa’s by 5:30. We got off to a bit of a late start because Sarai took her time with her breakfast, but we made it to the train on time. We had a nice trip. Sarai was great on the train until right before we got off, then she had to declare to everyone in our car, “I am baby, hear me ROAR!” Up until then, the time went pretty quickly and we had a nice relaxing trip.

Cindy met us at the train and brought us to get our car (what a doll!). We’re at Cindy and Justin’s now in Durham. We got real North Carolina bar-b-que for dinner and it was delicious! We’re all just relaxing now, ahhhhh. Busy day.

Tomorrow we head out to Duke around noon. They’re going to do a little physical on Sarai and try to do a blood draw. I think they’re also going to get her detailed history. I doubt we’ll have to be there for too long, but really I have no idea. I think Tuesday will be a longer day, that’s when they do the infusion of the cord blood.

Mom has turned into “One-eyed Albin” with the video camera! She taped every train coming into Newark before ours finally arrived. Be prepared to watch lots of video of U.S. landscape as seen from inside our train.

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment