Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Doin' it all for my baby... cause she's as fine as she can be!"


Posted Aug 5, 2009 8:12pm

Sarai had a pretty good day today. Less dips in her oxygen (so I got to snuggle her quite a bit!).

When we walked in, they were just beginning a head ultrasound. They do two of them for preemies; when they’re just a day or so old, and when they’re a month old. They’re looking for bleeding in the brain. Her first one was normal, we’re still waiting for the results for the one today.

The doctors blew through rounds today with me forgetting to ask about prilosec. I meant to bring it up. I’m really anti-medication for the most part, but I really was hoping they’d just TRY it, and nix it if it doesn’t do the trick. But I’d like to try SOMETHING. I talked to the nurse practitioner who was on today, and she made a note to bring it up tomorrow at rounds.

The physical therapist worked with us again to do infant massage. I keep reading about the benefits of that for preemies, so I’m really glad they’re helping us with it. Sarai is starting to get into it and be more relaxed during massages. The therapist also did a little evaluation on Sarai and told us that she will probably qualify for early intervention. So after she comes home, we may have a physical or occupational therapist come to the house 2-3 times a week to work with her. Whatever will help her grow, we’ll do it!

Well, I haven’t flashed anyone in days, I think the NICU staff is grateful. It IS a unit for babies, we should really work to keep it G rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment